Cara Raich, Esq.
Cara is a mediator and attorney who specializes in helping people find non-adversarial resolutions to conflict. She mediates a wide range of cases including divorce, family conflicts, and organizational and civil disputes.
Cara is dedicated to helping her clients avoid the challenges and acrimony that frequently accompany adversarial proceedings. She does this by enabling her clients to come to realistic and informed agreements that work for them and their families. Cara believes that separation and divorce are family matters that have legal components, as opposed to legal problems with family components.
In addition to her role as principal at Stalder Raich, Cara is a board member of the Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York and Chair of its Continuing Education Committee. Cara organizes and teaches many seminars and trainings on advanced topics in the mediation field and is committed to educating professionals and the public about the applicability of non-adversarial conflict resolution techniques. Cara is also a consultant for ReSolutions, a mediation and collaborative law practice, where she regularly mediates divorce and family matters.
Cara is a faculty member of the Mediation Training Institute at the New York Center for Interpersonal Development and is a trainer and facilitator at the Center for Mediation in Law (Center for Understanding in Conflict). She is also a Certified Community Mediator by the New York State Office of Court Administration.
- Center for Mediation in Law – Trainer and Facilitator
- New York Center for Interpersonal Development, Training Institute – Training Faculty
- ReSolutions Family Law and Mediation Practice – Consultant, Mediator
- New York State Office of Court Administration Certified Community Mediator
- Bar Admissions: New York State & Ontario, Canada
- University of Western Ontario, LLB (Bachelor of Laws), 1998
- York University, B.A. (Honors), 1995
Mediation Trainings and Certifications
- Center for Mediation in Law, Post-graduate Certification, Mediation
- Parenting Coordinators Association of New York, post-graduate certificate, Parenting Coordination (post-divorce conflicts)
- New York Center for Interpersonal Development, post-graduate certificate, Divorce Mediation
- New York University, Mediation Apprenticeship
- Elder Decisions, post-graduate certificate, Mediation
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Advanced Practitioner
- Center for Mediation in Law, Education Committee
- Family and Divorce Mediation Council, Board Member, Chair, Continuing Education Committee
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- New York Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section, Family Section