As you may have heard, New York is finally on course to adopt no-fault divorce. Legislation is pending in the New York State Legislature that would allow couples to separate by providing mutual consent. Under current law, even if both spouses agree to a divorce, one spouse must prove that the other is at fault by alleging a ground — a legal reason — for the divorce. New York is the only state that still hasn’t adopted some form of no-fault divorce. Overhaul is long overdue. For a recent article about the status of the legislation, click here.
Sign Up for our Email Newsletter
- Are You Really Ready for Divorce?
- Domestic Violence and Family Courts
- Keep Kids Out Of The Middle!
- Mediation House Calls For Divorcing Couples
- Money Talk!
- Negotiating Custody with High Conflict Couples
- Open The Door To A Better Future!
- Stocking Stuffer!
- Telling the Children
- When The Money Got Tight
- When To Start Mediation
- Wild Ride!
- Working Together after the Divorce